We love providing a platform for sharing stories of faith transition. That is and will continue to be wasmormon’s driving motivation. The healing, belonging and connection we experience from sharing are what drive us to create a remarkable website that visitors as well as contributors use.
In order to further this philosophy, we’ve developed the community guidelines below.
Note – we do not actively monitor and aren’t responsible for any activity or content that is posted; however, we expect users and contributors to uphold to these guidelines and we may intervene if community guidelines are not upheld.
With that said, on to the community guidelines.
Keep it civil aka don’t be a jerk
We believe our community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, nationality, faith, church opinions or religion.
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
The Following is Awesome and expected:
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your others.
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you help to create wasmormon and make it your own.
- Browse the repository of stories
- Contribute by sharing your own story.
- Reaching out to contributors via provided social media they have included on their profile to discuss their story and connect further.
The Following is NOT Tolerated. We will Remove content and issue a Warning. Subsequent Misconduct and Cases of Extreme Severity will result in account Deletion:
- Unacceptable behaviors include: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning conduct by any contributors (including against any church or religion).
- No Self-promotion –A contribution that contains only a link to your blog, a product, or your article on another site will almost always be removed.
- Choose Your (Curse) Words Wisely – Contributions that contain profanity are reviewed. Depending on the context of the comment, it may be removed. Profanity used to insult, antagonize, or inflame will always be removed. We believe there is nearly always a more precise word to be used.
- Don’t Be a Jerk – Personal attacks and harassment will not be tolerated. Sexist, racist, misogynist, homophobic, and broad, offensive generalizations about groups of people are simply not allowed. Comments or discussions written intentionally to provoke will also be removed.
- Don’t Copy and Paste – If you didn’t write it, don’t post it. Don’t copy someone else’s story, it is unique to them.
- Organizing and participating harassment – Do not engage in or post content encouraging the harassment of individuals or communities. If someone is harassing you or your community, please contact us with information and be proactive – block them immediately.
- Circumventing tools that enable users to protect themselves and/or repeatedly targeting a user with unwanted friend requests or messages. Do not create spam accounts for the sake of trolling or other tactics. Do not disguise yourself in attempt to contact someone who has blocked you. Show respect to other people’s desire for space.
- Sharing pornography, especially that which depicts minors, but including any pornography. This is not the place for that. You are encouraged to share a photo on your profile, you may abstain, but you may not provide anything pornographic or abusive.
- Sharing content that violates another person’s contractual, personal, intellectual property or other rights. Do not share or post links that violate the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). We respond to DMCA requests as described in our Terms of Service.
- Sharing content glorifying or promoting, in general, self-harm or suicide. This includes any content that encourages others to: cut or injure themselves; embrace anorexia, bulimia, or other eating disorders; or commit suicide rather than, for example, seeking counseling or treatment. Online communities have the power to lift people up from dark places – be the kind of person who lifts others. If you notice that someone is in need of urgent help, please contact your local authorities.
- Spamming – Do not use these channels to make false profiles or content.
- Providing NSFW content – Some content just isn’t appropriate for those under 18, this is not the place for that content. Let’s keep it rated PG-ish where possible.
- Sharing images of gore and/or animal cruelty. Do not share or post graphic images for sadistic pleasure, glorification or celebration of violence.
- Remember, harassment includes: offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
The Following is Completely Unacceptable and Will Result in Immediate Content Removal and Account Deletion:
- Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated whether by visitors or contributors. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
- Sharing content that is directly threatening someone’s physical or financial state. Do not threaten to harm another person or someone related to another person in any capacity. Do not tell other people you will hurt or kill them. Do not dox people. Do not share or threaten to share personal information of another user – this includes but is not limited to home address, phone number, email, social security number, and photos. Respect other people’s desire for privacy.
- Doing anything illegal on wasmormon. We will take immediate action if you: violate any applicable laws or regulations, or promote or encourage any illegal activity including, but not limited to, hacking, cracking or distribution of pirated software, or cheats or hacks for our or another company or person’s Service.
- Sharing content related to minors that is sexually suggestive or violent. Do not share or post links to images that depict minors or underage individuals engaged in violent, sexually suggestive, pornographic, shameful, or otherwise inappropriate situations.
- Sharing or linking to content with intent to shame or degrade another individual. Do not share sexually explicit content of other people without their consent. Do not share or promote sharing of revenge porn.
- Distributing viruses. Do not engage in or promote phishing activities. Do not threaten another user with digital harm including but not limited to viruses, hacking, and spying.
- Attempting to steal another user’s account or or impersonate another person on your profile.
If you see something, say something
To report any of the above activity, or if you are subject to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify us via our contact form or send an email to <[email protected]>.